Wednesday 30 May 2012

The number 22

Do you have a favourite number? Most people do. Mine is 22. I love things in pairs, doubles, even numbers. Two peas in a pod so to speak.

It just so happens that I am born on the 22nd day of the month. Often when I look at the clock it is 11.11. Eleven plus eleven is 22 – go figure. My daughter was also born on the 22nd.

I have over the years been interested in numerology and tarot and these give certain meanings to numbers that I have found to be fairly true for me.

Apparently the number 22 symbolizes the principle of precision and balance. When it senses its full capacity it can achieve what is hardly imaginable. The 22 can turn the most ambitious of dreams into a reality. It is potentially the most successful of all numbers (yeah baby!).

It is unlimited, yet disciplined. It sees the archetype, and brings it down to earth in some material form. It has big ideas, great plans, idealism, leadership and enormous self-confidence (don’t know about that one!).


Very family-oriented, the number 22 person will often stay in situations rather than move on. They dislike confrontation, but with the right support, can become one of life's great success stories and accumulate a lot of wealth (Yes please!!). Many inventors are a 22 Day Number.


People born on the 22nd love to work with their hands. As children they love building blocks, LEGO, and any mechanical gadget keeps them occupied for hours. As adults they enjoy creative endeavors. 

Sounds like my number and I are a pretty good match. Just the 2 of us!

5 comments:

sister outlaws said...

I knew a guy who said everytime, just before his life took a big turn or change, he saw the number 22. I was thinking about that when I was walking on my way to having an ultrasound, and I saw a BIG 22 on a wall, then noticed it on my tram ticket and then the room I had the scan in was- yep - number 22. When I lay down to have the ultrasound, the first thing I said to the operator was, "Now. There's only 1 baby there, isn't there?" and she siad, "No. There's 2. I'll show you the other one in a minute." Two ducks swimming! Lucky for some!

Morgan Wills said...

What a fabulous 22 story! Love it :-)

Lark said...

Well,as you know i am a recent convert to the number 22, but I am loving it too! Yeah! Two little ducks. x

Annie said...

Have long been interested in the numbers, both my sisters follow numerology

Mary Teslow said...

I'm also a 22-lover. I'm born on MAR 22, my husband on NOV 22, his Mom on SEP 22, and we met on a 22. My license plate is PEACE 22.

I'm also a lover of "birthday time" thinking of special ones when I glance at a digital clock, such as 11:22 for my husband. Of course, no need for only b'day time; any special date will do.